I have been using NO Xplode from BSN several times. I have used the original version, the second version and the third version (NO Xplode Push or NO Xplode 3.0). I have written about these supplements several times before here. If you are a true BSN fan, make sure to read the other posts listed below.
Recently, BSN released yet another version of NO Xplode. This has been named NO Xplode XE Edge, and this is now being sold via most supplement retailers. You can grab a jar with 30 servings on bodybuilding.com for $32.99 (note that prices flucturate. See the price below for the most recent price, which is updated several times a day).
Just like the last version of NO Xplode, NO Xplode XE Edge comes with a wide range of different ingredients, that, according to BSN, will make you more than ready to hit the gym powered up like you haven’t been before.
Let’s take a closer look at the supplement facts of the new NO Xplode XE Edge. Here goes.
NO Xplode XE Edge – Supplement Facts
- Supplement Facts
- Serving Size 1 Scoop (10 g)
- Servings Per Container 30
- Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
- Calories 15
- Total Carbohydrate 4 g 1%‡
- Vitamin D (as Cholecalciferol) 500 IU 125%
- Thiamin (as Thiamin HCI) 2 mg 133%
- Niacin (as Nicotinic Acid) 30 mg 150%
- Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxine HCI) 2 mg 100%
- Folic Acid 200 mcg 50%
- Vitamin B12 (as Cyanocobalamin) 9 mcg 150%
- Pantothenic Acid (as D-Calcium Pantothenate) 10 mg 100%
- Calcium 80 mg 8%
- Magnesium 25 mg 6%
- Sodium 140 mg 6%
- Potassium 180 mg 5%
- Endura Fusion*
- Efforsorb™ Blend 2.2g **
- (Malic Acid, Citric Acid, Sodium Bicarbonate, Potassium Bicarbonate)
- Beta-Alanine (CarnoSyn®) 1.6g **
- N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine 300mg **
- Rhodiola rosea L. Extract (root)(standardized for 3% Rosavins and 1% Salidroside) 100mg **
- AstraGIN® Proprietary Blend 25mg **
- [Astragalus membranaceus Extract (root), Panax notoginseng Extract (root)]
- N’Tensity Matrix*
- L-Tyrosine 500mg **
- Choline Bitartrate 500mg **
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCI 375mg **
- Mucuna pruriens Extract (seed)(standardized for 20% L-Dopa) 250mg **
- Toothed Clubmoss Extract (aerial parts)(standardized for 1% Huperzine A) 10mg **
- N.O. PUMP Complex*
- Citrulline Blend 1g **
- (L-Citrulline, L-Citrulline Malate)
- Magnesium Glycerophosphate 250mg **
- GlycerOsorb 250mg **
- (Calcium Glycerophosphate, Glycerol Monostearate)
- Grape Skin Extract (standardized for 50% Polyphenols) 75mg **
- Folic Acid 200mcg **
- Super Leaf Energy Composite*
- Caffeine Anhydrous 325mg **
- Guayusa (Ilex guayusa)(leaf) 100mg **
- NRG-X Stack 35mg **
- (Theacrine [as TeaCrine®], Yohimbe Extract [bark][standardized for 8% Yohimbine])
- Grapefruit Bioflavonoid Complex 25mg **
As you can see from the supplement facts above, one serving of NO Xplode XE Edge will give you a total of 10 grams.
Without going into details about every single substance and the dosing, I think it’s fair to say that at least some substances will be under dosed. I would prefer to see a mix of fewer substances with a higher dosage, but this naturally does depend on which substances are being used.
One of the first things that come to mind with the new NO Xplode EX Edge is that it contains yohimbine, which isn’t exactly my personal favorite substance. Some people love it; I personally don’t. In addition to this, I don’t really think of yohimbine as a good fit for pre-workout supplements, but more so for fat burners.
Another thing to note is that NO Xplode XE Edge contains a high level of caffeine along with some Theacrine. Personally I think the dosage is too high, making half a serving more suitable; but that equates to even less of the other, already underdosed substances. 325 mg of caffeine combined with Theacrine is likely to induce some solid jittery, unless you are a hardcore pre-workout user.
You should also note that NO Xplode XE Edge contains both beta-alanine and niacin which will give you a tingling sensation that people tend to have a love or hate relationship to. Lots of people hate it; I personally enjoy it. The dosage for both substances are, however, quite low, so if you are an avid pre-workout user, this shouldn’t be of any concern.
With the notes above, it might sound like I already judged NO Xplode XE Edge as a sad alternative to the normal NO Xplode. This is however, not the case. Keep in mind that NO Xplode XE Edge does contain lots of proven substances that will boost your energy and amplify your pumps.
I would Love to give it a try so I can share an honest review based on experience more than just the supplement facts, but due to the yohimbine, I won’t be doing any real world tests with this new pre-workout supplement from BSN.
NO Xplode Side Effects
So a short summary of the above is that you can expect some tingling from the niacin and beta-alanine and some potential jittery from the high level of caffeine and Theacrine. Additionally, the yohimbine might cause issues for some (it does for me) so keep this in mind too.
NO Xplode XE Edge vs. NO Xplode 3.0
So how does this new PWO stack up against the former version of NO Xplode? The first obvious difference is that NO Xplode XE Edge contains no creatine – this is a plus in my book. I prefer to take creatine as a stand alone supplement in order to get the optimal dosage. In addition to this, I dont care if creatine is taken pre- or post workout.
In addition to this, there is also no Theacrine nor yohimbine in the former version of NO Xplode. The caffeine content has been been bumped up from 250 mg to 325 mg. We also know we now get 1.6 gams of beta-alanine. We didnt know how much we got in the old version of NO Xplode, as this was part of a prop. blend.
NO Xplode XE Edge vs. NO Xplode vs. Hyper FX
With the release of NO Xplode XE Edge, BSN also posted an image showing the major differences of the three pre-workout supplements; NO Xplode XE Edge, NO Xplode 3.0 and Hyper FX. Here goes;
NO Xplode XE Edge is an interesting addition to BSN’s line of pre-workout supplements. I have been a loyal BSN / NO Xplode fan, but as mentioned above, I will pass on this version, as I dont respond well to yohimbine. If you have tested this supplement, I would love to hear your thoughts on it.